Knowledge of basic notions of Economics
The management of the destination requires knowledge of the dynamics of tourism at national, regional and local levels. The course will enable students to know and manage the territorial indicators of tourism, the economic and social determinants that act on the demand, the main features of the supply system and the essential methods and tools for managing the destination. At the end of the course the students will be able to analyse and interpret tourism at the different destination levels.
The Course will be articulated in these main topics:
• The Destination: concept and elements
• The indicators who explain the destination from the tourism point of view
• The economic determinant of demand and their impact on the destination
• The evolution of tourist behavior and the implication on the destination
• The destination at national level and regional level
• The impact of tourism on the destination
• The features of tourist system at the destination level
The course Is based on the frontal lessons always accompanying by slides; so the students could have a synthesis of the entire course. The contents will be supported by the Chapters of the book and with readings that will be available on intranet. During the course will be proposed visits to facilities or tourist destinations of excellence.
The written exam consists of 5 questions, with different points for each, with total of 30. For passing the exam the students must reach the sufficient level. The results will be published on the Secretary Service.If the exams are held at a distance, the exam will be oral
There are no significant differences between attending and non-attending students in theoretical part, but the cases are generally oriented to the Italian context and so not attending students should inquire about the characteristics of Italian tourism.